About "Tile Cover" :
Not sure if an Aldon product is right for you? Good! You never know if the results will be exactly what you expect until you try it on your project. Order samples and eliminate the guesswork. See label reproduction below for application instructions.
This product creates a very thin film that is virtually invisible. This film will improve the cleaning ability of textured, non-absorbent finishes of fired glaze, porcelain, and mosaic tile.
Note: If your project will go beyond normal wet mopping to times of standing water, this film is so thin that it might prematurely soften and lift from the surface. In that case, switch to Lifeguard. The thicker film of "Lifeguard" will create some gloss, but is thicker and therefore, more forgiving of standing water issues.
This product is not a sealer. It is a top coating for already sealed, or otherwise non-absorbent surfaces. Therefore, grout must be sealed and non-absorbent before using "Tile Cover". See Same Day Sealer for the easiest to apply when doing grout joints only.
ITEMS OF INTEREST:
- Improve the ease of cleaning of "Stone Look" textured glazed tile.
- Improve the ease of cleaning of matte finish glazed tile that normally tends to show animal prints and trap oils.
- Improve the ease of cleaning porcelain tile.
- Invisible on most surfaces so there is no noticeable change to appearance.
- Can add coats to build some gloss if desired
- Easier and less frequent cleaning than vacuuming carpet.
- Can be used outdoors, not just indoors.
- Is so foolproof in its application it can be used by someone who does not, or can not, read the label instructions.
- Like all water based coatings, standing water can weaken the film. This means it can soften with long term standing water. When softened, it can scratch off.
- Not need periodic stripping due to buildup
- Be non-yellowing Repel heel marks and scuffing.
- Be extremely inexpensive because it lasts so long and covers a lot of square footage.
- Acrylic in a water base.
- Forms a tough film.
- Adheres to almost any surface, however, it must be a clean surface. A dirty or dusty surface is not good, because Tile Cover will adhere to the dust and the dust is not adhered to the floor.
- Not a sealer. Tile Cover is a coating over all non-absorbent surfaces.
- Used indoors and outdoors - does not yellow or break down
- Milky on application, dries clear. Dries in 30 minutes
- We do not make a stripper for Tile Cover because it does not build up or discolor.
- Increases floor stain resistance to the maximum possible.
- "Breathes" out subsurface water vapor.
- Not harmed by typical supermarket floor cleaners, but overly aggressive cleaners can make reapplication more frequent than necessary.
- Aldon Maintain will maximize the life of Tile Cover.
- Ammoniated cleaners will decrease life of Tile Cover and are more aggressive than necessary. Aldon Dust Whiz is much easier and safer.
- Power scrubbers are not needed, and if fact can reduce the longevity of the coating due to unnecessary abrasion. Abrasion from vacuum cleaner rotating brushes should be avoided.
- If, for some reason, you want to apply sealer after you have applied Tile Cover- the Tile Cover must be removed first. You do not want the Tile Cover coating between two layers of sealer as that will cause bonding problems.
Developed specially for the unique characteristics of the increasingly popular "Stone Look" glazed, porcelain, and mosaic type tiles. The textured surface of this finish tends to trap dirt and spills. Tile Cover does not change the floor appearance, but creates enough of a thin, tough film to resist dirt entrapment and greatly improve cleaning. See Aldon Maintain for routine wet mop maintenance.
See the product label reproduction below for all the information on surface preparation, application technique, drying time, etc. This label reproduction will always be the most current. Because we are constantly improving information and passing on tips from users, this could be more up to date than the label on the container.
If you do not see the results you expect:
It is not a problem with the product! (They all do what we say they do!)
- Your conditions may have been misdiagnosed! (It can happen, even with all the information we provide.)
- The surface conditions (absorption rate, contaminants, temperatures, etc.) are other than thought.
- And/or - it was not applied per label instructions! (The instructions are designed to overcome items 1 and 2 above, and overcome job conditions of which you might not be aware.)
for tips on this product.
REPRODUCTION OF THE BACK LABEL:
Would you like to know how to compare this product with our competitor's products? Would you like an explanation of this label? - Click here
To translate this label to another language - click here.
You can print this page and label by holding down your control key (Ctrl) and typing the letter P.
When you read all the health and safety warnings, you will see we have done our best to make you think about working with any chemicals from any manufacturer. Even household cleaners purchased in supermarkets (many with more hazardous ingredients than we use due to cost factors) should be used with common sense and awareness. People have been injured by not knowing you can create poisonous gases by mixing chlorine bleach with some cleaning products. One of the many criteria involved in Aldon products is that all our products will be used with any other of our products and no normal combination of usage events should be hazardous. Nevertheless, use common sense and don't be in a hurry. Let each step prove itself satisfactorily before proceeding to the next.
More questions? See and