A "True" Grout Release
Very Important! "Grout Easy" is NOT a Sealer. It a temporary coating that is easily removed along with the normal grout cleanup during installation.
"Grout Easy" eliminates the problems created by:
- Muriatic Acid Cleanup (Muriatic Acid can rust metal house fixtures after years)
- Sealing before grouting(Called "pre-sealing", it causes multiple problems after the job is long over)
Prevents Cement Residue & Stains
On Surfaces Caused By The Grouting Process
Used by DIY and professional installers
About "Grout Easy" :
Not sure if an Aldon product is right for you? Good! You never know if the results will be exactly what you expect until you try it on your project. Order samples and eliminate the guesswork. See label reproduction below for application instructions.
Eliminates the typical excessive washing and/or acid cleaning required to remove grout residue stains from absorbent and/or textured materials.
Eliminates the use of sealers (
pre-sealing ) applied before grouting that can cause many problems.
Provides a temporary, non-sealer coating that eliminates the problems of permanent sealer coatings used as a grout release for all surface types and finishes, including limestone, marble, Mexican tile, brick, slate, flagstone, etc.
Provides a product that does not change the normal grout application and cleanup process.
Provides a better grouting system with a material cost less than using sealers as a "bond breaker".
Removes the risk of grout separation from the tile edge. This can occur when a "pre-seal" sealer application inevitably drips over the edge of the tile and becomes a permanent "bond breaker".
There are some of the light beige/peach tone terracotta tile that will stain so easily that a water drop leaves a permanent mark. This has not been observed with the Mexican terracottas, but has been seen with a very few imports from other countries. Before using "Grout Easy" on a surface that stains this easily, test first.
ITEMS OF INTEREST:
- Grout Easy is a thicker than water liquid that is viscous, but pourable.
- Creates a water soluble coating on the surface that creates a "bond breaker" so grout paste is not bonded to the surface face and is therefore, easier to clean off.
- Fills surface textures and allows grout to stick to the "Grout Easy" coating rather than the tile or stone.
- Clean up and removal is automatically accomplished with the normal float "spread and pack"grouting process
(or with a grout bag)
and cleanup. Just water and a sponge.
- Highly porous surface types (some Mexican tile batches, sandstones, etc.) might require more than one application of Grout Easy, but you do not need to create a thick film on top. As long as there is some Grout Easy on top and in the pores, it will be beneficial to the cleanup process.
- Drips of "Grout Easy" over the edge do not act as a permanent "bond breaker" between the grout and the tile/stone edge. "Grout Easy" actually begins to increase bonding of grout to tile after approximately 8 hours. This is why the label says to remove the grout excess and "Grout Easy" coating as soon as possible after grouting. It is best to begin grouting as soon as the "Grout Easy" coating is dry (approx. 30 minutes). However, if an area isn't grouted until a few hours later for some reason, the "Grout Easy" coating is still water soluble and will function properly.
- Protects factory sealed products from harm to the sealer, such as scratching from the grouting process or damage from grout residue cleaning.
When large commercial installations of thin-brick veneer are grouted, whether by grout pump, grout bag, or spread and pack, the cleanup time is so greatly reduced by using "Grout Easy", that it actually makes a difference to the contractors bid price.
"Grout Easy" being rolled on a
thin brick veneer commercial job.
Grout application with grout pump.
See the product label reproduction below for all the information on surface preparation, application technique, drying time, etc. This label reproduction will always be the most current. Because we are constantly improving information and passing on tips from users, this could be more up to date than the label on the container.
If you do not see the results you expect:
It is not a problem with the product! (They all do what we say they do!)
- Your conditions may have been misdiagnosed! (It can happen, even with all the information we provide.)
- The surface conditions (absorption rate, contaminants, temperatures, etc.) are other than thought.
- And/or - it was not applied per label instructions! (The instructions are designed to overcome items 1 and 2 above, and overcome job conditions of which you might not be aware.)
for tips on this product.
REPRODUCTION OF THE BACK LABEL:
Would you like to know how to compare this product with our competitor's products? Would you like an explanation of this label? - Click here
To translate this label to another language - click here.
You can print this page and label by holding down your control key (Ctrl) and typing the letter P.
When you read all the health and safety warnings, you will see we have done our best to make you think about working with any chemicals from any manufacturer. Even household cleaners purchased in supermarkets (many with more hazardous ingredients than we use due to cost factors) should be used with common sense and awareness. People have been injured by not knowing you can create poisonous gases by mixing chlorine bleach with some cleaning products. One of the many criteria involved in Aldon products is that all our products will be used with any other of our products and no normal combination of usage events should be hazardous. Nevertheless, use common sense and don't be in a hurry. Let each step prove itself satisfactorily before proceeding to the next.
More questions? See and