Removes White Powdery Stains
|Efflorescence on a brick wall. It is the same process on tile work that creates the white, powdery stains.
Not sure if an Aldon product is right for you? Good! You never know if the results will be exactly what you expect until you try it on your project. Order samples and eliminate the guesswork. See label reproduction below for application instructions.
Traditional products that remove efflorescence are labor intensive acidic cleaners. "Efflorescence Treatment" is a non-acidic treatment and is not a "cleaner". It is applied easily and is not scrubbed or removed. It carries the efflorescence salts below the surface without any further action required.
ITEMS OF INTEREST:
- A blend of chemicals that bind with the efflorescence salts and carry them below the surface.
- Use on grout, tile, brick, stone, mortar, concrete, etc.
- Enhances natural surface colors. Color effect can be made permanent with appropriate sealer designated "color enhancing".
- Can be used on limestone and marble because it is not acidic.
- If applied to a sealed surface the product may not be able to penetrate past the sealer. This could leave an oily residue which can be removed with mineral spirits on a clean, white rag.
- There are two forms of efflorescence - powder and crystalline.
- "Efflorescence Treatment" is part of a program of products that make an effloresced wall or floor look good, then keep the problem from coming back. Click
here to see a full explanation of the process, with pictures. Review also - the discussion of crystalline efflorescence which may require an additional product.
- See the product label reproduction below for all the information on surface preparation, application technique, drying time, etc. This label reproduction will always be the most current. Because we are constantly improving information and passing on tips from users, this could be more up to date than the label on the container.
- Package labels suggest using a solvent based sealer if Efflorescence Treatment has been applied. This is because Efflorescence Treatment is a petroleum type product and the best compatibility is with a petroleum (solvent) type sealer. However, you can use our water based Same Day Sealer after using Efflorescence Treatment. Just allow enough days between so that the Efflorescence Treatment is thoroughly dried out. The only concern is that there is not a remainder of liquid Efflorescence Treatment that might interfere with the penetration and bond of the water based sealer. A patch test area will show if the drying time us sufficient to allow good penetration and bonding.
- To see tips on protecting walls and baseboards with masking, click
If you do not see the results you expect:
It is not a problem with the product! (They all do what we say they do!)
- Your conditions may have been misdiagnosed! (It can happen, even with all the information we provide.)
- The surface conditions (absorption rate, contaminents, temperatures, etc.) are other than thought.
- And/or - it was not applied per label instructions! (The instructions are designed to overcome items 1 and 2 above, and overcome job conditions of which you might not be aware.)
for tips on this product.
REPRODUCTION OF THE BACK LABEL:
Would you like to know how to compare this product with our competitor's products? Would you like an explanation of this label? - Click here
To translate this label to another language - click here.
You can print this page and label by holding down your control key (Ctrl) and typing the letter P.
When you read all the health and safety warnings, you will see we have done our best to make you think about working with any chemicals from any manufacturer. Even household cleaners purchased in supermarkets (many with more hazardous ingredients than we use due to cost factors) should be used with common sense and awareness. People have been injured by not knowing you can create poisonous gases by mixing chlorine bleach with some cleaning products. One of the many criteria involved in Aldon products is that all our products will be used with any other of our products and no normal combination of usage events should be hazardous. Nevertheless, use common sense and don't be in a hurry. Let each step prove itself satisfactorily before proceeding to the next.
More questions? See and
To order this product - click and then click your state.
© Aldon Corporation 2007 All Content, Design, Copy, Code, and Graphics copyright 2007 by
Aldon Corporation and are protected under applicable USA and international intellectual property law.