Aldon Chemical links:
Home | Surface Types | Problem Solving | Products | Prices & Ordering
A recommendation for sealing, against sealing, or use only the manufacturer's branded sealer?.
Typically the manufacturer of a surfacing product has one of these attitudes about sealing:
- My product is so good, it doesn't need a sealer.
- My product must be sealed only with their branded sealer.
- I don't want to discuss sealing because I don't want any additional liability.
. All of these are questionable when you consider that:
- Any surface, no matter how good, will stain if it darkens from a water drop.
- Any surface, no matter how good, will dull down from traffic wear.
- A surfacing manufacturer is in the business of selling their surfacing. They usually know little or nothing about sealing. An easy way to determine this is when they say you must use only a water base sealer, or you must use only a petroleum base sealer. As you will see from our web site, that does not determine which sealer you should use. The motivation should not be to sell you a sealer because it is theirs and they make money on it. It may not be the best thing for you.
- It is understandable that a manufacturer wants to ignore what they do not understand - sealing. However, you still want to protect your investment and that is why you are here.